He is an Indian Journalist, TV news Anchor & Editor-in-chief of the news channel Republic TV. He is also the president of the News Broadcasting Association.
He was born on 9th October 1973 in Guwahati, Assam, India. His family came from a village in Assam’s Borpeta District. They had migrated to Shillong & eventually settled in Guwahati. His father served in the Army & retired as a Cornell. His father was a member of the BJP & contested in election polls as a BJP candidate for Guwahati.
He completed his primary education from Mount st. Mary’s school, Delhi & went to Kendriya Vidyalaya, Jubalpur to complete his secondary education. When he was in 6th standard, he developed an interest in debates . He completed his master’s in social Anthropology from Oxford University, England.
CAREER & ACHIEVEMENTS
- In 1990 he started his career in journalism with the newspaper The Telegram. In 1995 he relocated to Delhi & bagged his 1st job.
- He published his 1st book Combating Terrorism: The Legal Challenge
- He won the Asian Television Award for Best Presenter in 2003.
- No.1 news Anchor of India at 2019.
- Created 1st English news channel of India named as Republic World.